Stand Out with Custom Book Printing
Custom book printing is one way to help your business shine. Commercial printing services used to be limited to basic fliers and pamphlets. Short run book printing used to be an expensive process – something that was reserved for companies with a large budget.
The latest advancements in technology have changed all of that, making cheap book printing a reality and making it a lot more cost-effective. So, you can now have that presentation made up into a short book or get the company manual professionally printed. Short runs can be done easily and effectively, helping your company to present a professional image with high-quality results. It is a great way to show your clients and prospective clients that you mean business. Show the history of your company in a solid, well-finished hardcover format or create a complete book that helps to establish you as a subject-matter expert.
Self-published authors no longer need to enter into expensive contracts – you get to see your work in black and white for a fraction of what it would have cost ten years ago. And, if you only need a few copies, why pay for those expensive contracts?
What Are My Basic Options?
There are a lot of different options out there, depending on the company that you chose to deal with. However, a good book printing and binding company should offer you the choice of some or all of the following:
• A choice between a hard-cover or soft-cover book.
• A range of standard sizes to choose from.
• Your choice of cover design and material. For example, some companies offer leather-bound hardcovers.
• A choice in how the book is bound.
For your personal book, for example, you could choose to have the pages sewn in. This is a much hardier option and will last longer. For a business presentation, however, binding the book using glue is a lot more cost-effective. An alternative would be to have the book spiral-bound. A good option if people will need to use the information a lot and flip through the pages often.
What Extras Are Available?
Extras also depend on the company that you are dealing with. The extras might include things like gold foil lettering, book covers, and marketing material to accompany the book. Say, for example, that you want to get a presentation printed up for distribution at a trade show. It would make sense to get a banner or poster for the booth to go with it.
How Much Does Custom Book Printing Cost?
The cost will vary depending on the dimensions and length of the book is, whether or not you choose extras, and what finish you require. Some basic guidelines that you might want to consider are:
• The length of the book. Most companies offer a standard package. If you want something longer, you will have to pay extra.
• The type of cover makes a big difference in the price. Expect to pay a fair amount more for a hardcover book. Softcovers are your least expensive option.
• The size of the book will also influence the price. An A5 book, for example, will be less expensive than an A4 book with the same number of pages.
• We have already spoken a little about how the book is bound – that is also a big factor.
It is best to ask for a quote upfront before making your final decision. Ask the printing company what your best options are. They will usually be only too happy to advise you and will have the expertise to help you get the best possible results.